Assistant Director of Retention, University of Iowa
The Assistant Director, Office of Retention will work with other professionals in The University of Iowa on retention of undergraduate students, primarily through the On Iowa! first-year immersion program and early intervention initiatives.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide leadership and management of the recruitment, hiring, and training of On Iowa! student leaders
- Provide a broad-range of programs and services focused on specific student populations that support the educational experience and retention of current or prospective students
- Monitor the academic, career and personal goals/needs of students and provide individual guidance and assistance
- Discern students’ needs and arrange for accommodations and services as appropriate
- May manage a case load
- Compile and prepare reports based on department goals
- Plan, organize and coordinate projects and events with partners to meet program goals
- Coordinate communication with partners
- Collaborate with partners to maximize resources and connections
- May provide direction, assignments, feedback, and coaching to assure outcomes are achieved
Civil and Respectful Interactions:
Demonstrates respect for all members of the University community in the course of performing one’s duties and in response to administrators, supervisors, coworkers, and customers; constructively brings forward workplace concerns to coworkers and/or supervisor.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Welcomes the richness of talent from a diverse workforce and recognizes that diversity brings stimulation, challenge, and energy that contribute to a productive and effective workplace. Models and promotes systems change across campus to promote professional conduct and behavior of the highest integrity, exhibiting utmost respect for all members of the University community; demonstrates consistency in action and purpose with unquestionable forthrightness; constructively manages conflict.
Represents the interests of the University and of unit leadership in the use of resources to meet service and productivity demands within unit goals and budgets; strives to promote continual process and quality improvement.
Learning and Professional Development:
Seeks opportunities to enhance one’s own professional knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to one’s current position and/or to prepare for potential future roles and overall career development.
A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Reasonable (1-3 years) experience working in higher education with supervisory and program experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in computer software applications.
For the complete job description, click here.