Cooperative Education Specialist, Henry Ford Community College
Henry Ford Community College has an adjunct instructor position available in the Cooperative Education Department. The Business Cooperative Education Specialist is an 18.5 hours/week 12 month position.
Minimum of a master’s degree in counseling, student personnel or related area from a regionally accredited institution of higher education required.
Candidates must show evidence of successful cooperative education or career services experience at the high school, college or university level or personnel recruiting experience.
Candidates must have the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students in a multi-cultural environment; must demonstrate excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, and must be able to work within a collaborative team framework. Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be proficient in current communication technology and be willing to be trained in new technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The part-time Cooperative Education Specialist will work with the full-time Cooperative Education Specialist to provide uniform services to all cooperative education students. They will work together to coordinate activities and adhere to uniform policies, procedures, course requirements, and report formats.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact prospective employers to explain program and encourage their participation.
- Work with employers to develop a quality program and experience for students.
- Provide any needed support to employer pertaining to the student and their performance.
- Network with employers to obtain leads to new employers.
- Attend career fairs and Chamber of Commerce events to makret the program and network with prospective employers.
- Maintain employer records, including job descriptions.
- Monitor and evaluate worksites.
- Market program to prospective students.
- Recruit students for open positions.
- Advice students about cooperative education and career planning.
- Prepare students for job search, job interviews and the work world.
- Conduct seminars for prospective students to enhance job search activities.
- Conduct seminars for current co-op students following established course requirements.
- Maintain periodic visits to worksites.
- Evaluate students.
- Maintain student records which include: co-op applications, student agreement, resume, training agreement, employer evaluation, student evaluation, and final report.
- Prepare cooperative education activity reports, adhering to the establish format, as required. Report include: year-end reports and additional statistics required by Associate Dean, the Vice President of Academic Affairs for Career and Technical Programs, and the full-time Cooperative Education Specialist.
- Other duties as assigned.
Application Process: For full consideration, please apply for this position at https://jobs.hfcc.edu.