Employer Relations/Recruiter; Western Michigan University
The Career Center, Haworth College of Business at Western Michigan University is seeking external candidates for a new Employer Relations/Recruiter position. Deadline for submission is May 7, 2012.
- Consults with small, medium, and large companies to develop internship and full-time job descriptions. Recommends and promotes WMU programs and recruitment strategies including meet and greet sessions, campus interview schedules, and monitoring of application numbers and deadlines.
- Develops procedures that align with fair and equitable recruiting practices, including interviewing and selection processes. Requires knowledge of FERPA, EEO guidelines, pre-employment screening procedures, and job offer/acceptance best practices.
- Trains and supervises student employees to assist with employer recruiting visits, mailing lists, job postings, on-campus interview schedules, and event registration.
- Manages large events and programs including logistics, catering, marketing, budget, revenue, evaluation, supervision of student volunteers, and external marketing.
- Develops educational training programs including objectives, materials, and evaluation. Uses presentation and facilitation skills to deliver content in programs, workshops, and curriculum integration formats.
- Designs data collection and reporting systems to track and report on interview performance, employer feedback, and stats on jobs, internships, and interviews.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One year of experience with recruitment, selection and employment laws, teaching, training, and advising methods.
- Excellent event planning, marketing, public relations and data base management skills.
- Proficient with computer skills including Word, Excel, and database applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal relations skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during the peak season.
Desired Qualifications: Experience with human resources, teaching, and employment recruiting software.