Senior Director: Association of Governing Boards of Universities
The Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges (AGB) is seeking an innovative and passionate individual to lead a significant expansion of its consulting services, a line of activity within the association. The successful person will develop and run AGB’s client-focused consulting service including developing and implementing strategy, while also handling daily operations. AGB has a commitment to double the number of engagements and revenue over the next two to three years.
AGB Consulting has continually evolved over its approximate 30-year history of providing prescribed board education workshops. Today, it offers a wide-ranging set of consulting services to boards and presidents including short-term workshops on board fundamentals, comprehensive board self-assessments, presidential assessment, and long-term consulting to strengthen boards.
This next phase in its development provides a platform to expand services that broaden the association’s reach and deepens its impact. This is a unique opportunity. No other member-services organization in higher education offers a similar scope of services or has comparable ambitions. In short, AGB needs an enthusiastic innovator who wants to take responsibility for driving consulting services growth and maturity. AGB invites applications and nominations for Senior Director, AGB Consulting. The individual should have:
- Knowledge of higher education/non-profit governance and leadership to tap growth opportunities and understand fully client needs and requests;
- A track record of innovation and growth, and the ability to develop a responsive and scalable business model (both revenue and expenses);
- Familiarity with process consultation;
- Experience developing and managing a pool of talented contingent consultants (former college and university presidents and board leaders);
- A willingness to work in a small, dynamic organization in Washington DC
For full consideration, applications (in Word or PDF) should be received by July 1, 2012.
They must include a two- or three-page letter of interest, a curriculum vita or administrative résumé, and five professional references with email address and telephone. Please submit to: email@example.com
We anticipate our finalist to begin by September 1, 2012. Further job position and profile details are at http://agbsearch.com/searches/senior-director-agb-consulting-association-governing-boards-universities-and-colleges