Senior Research Analyst: Institute for Higher Education Policy
The Senior Research Analyst is a qualified and experienced individual who conducts research that furthers the development of public policy agendas and provides project coordination in support of multiple organizational goals.
- Conducts research and analysis of postsecondary education issues and writes reports, briefs, concept papers, power point presentations, memos, and other content
- Engages in effective project management, which includes responsibility for content and logistic development, management of timeline and activities, communication with project participants, budget oversight, and funder reporting, etc.
- Assists with the development of appropriate methods for assessing intervention impact and policy-relevant practices, as well as dissemination efforts
- Collaborates with and provides assistance to other departments and staff as required
- Maintains IHEP’s relationships with partnering organizations, funders, and others
- Other duties, as requested
- Generates new ideas that support strategic direction of the research division
- Assists with the development and preparation of grant proposals/reports and contracts
- Supervises multiple project teams and evaluates project teams on project development/outcomes
This position requires a four-year degree and/or at least five years of experience working in the postsecondary education policy arena, with substantial experience in researching and writing policy reports. A Master’s/Doctoral degree in education, policy, or related field is preferred. The ideal candidate will be able to write clearly, effectively, and persuasively in relation to postsecondary education research and policy, and exhibits flexibility and creativity in their work. This position requires knowledge and experience with both quantitative and qualitative research with a preference currently to strong quantitative skills and interest.
HOW TO APPLY:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This position is based in Washington, DC and will include some travel. IHEP offers a comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates should apply here: http://ht-jobs.net/F97UU2U. Additional questions can also be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org