- This event has passed.
Teddy Bear Picnic
September 16 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm EDT
At this free, family friendly event on MSU’s campus, children can bring their favorite stuffed animals for a check-up at the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Teddy Bear Hospital, a mock clinic staffed by physicians and students from MSU’s health colleges. The annual event was created to help children overcome the fear of “going to the doctor” in a fun, safe environment.
While you’re there, be sure to stop by all the booths for face painting, music and dancing, activities with MSU athletes, balloon animals, healthy snacks and much more!
– Teddy Bear Hospital – Kids can take their stuffed animal to get an insurance card, X-rays and other fun interactive activities
– Shoot hoops with the MSU Women’s Basketball Team to shoot a few hoops
– Join in a performance with the MSU Pompon team
– Run soccer drills with the MSU Women’s Soccer Team
– Kids helmet giveaways
– Face painting & balloon animals at the MSU Federal Credit Union tent
– Explore the inside of an ambulance
– Enjoy healthy snacks courtesy of Meijer
– Jump rope with Michigan State University College of Education Department of Kinesiology students
Hosted by the MSU College of Human Medicine, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and MSU Federal Credit Union.