- Job shadowing and networking can help you find the best fit for your interests. Reaching out to professionals in your field of interest can give you an inside look at careers and opportunities. Keep a log or journal of your experiences.
- Getting involved with research at MSU allows students to cultivate relationships with faculty who can give you insight, advice, problem-solving experience and leadership opportunities. Faculty mentors may become references and can provide letters of recommendation in the future. Check out opportunities at http://education.msu.edu/kin/research/.
- Explore and join campus organizations that support your goals and give you an opportunity to meet other students with similar interests! Student Life posts hundreds of registered student organizations with opportunities for involvement. See https://michiganstate-community.symplicity.com/index.php?s=student_group for a complete list of clubs and organizations at MSU. For Kinesiology-specific groups, check out the department website at http://www.education.msu.edu/kin/undergrad/studentorgs/default.asp.
- Professional graduate school admission requirements often include clinical or volunteer experience in health care, as well as community service activity. Admission officers look for students who demonstrate care and concern for others, leadership, diversity of interests, motivation and commitment.
- Volunteer experiences can demonstrate your maturity and commitment to service, and help further explore career opportunities in the field. Examples might include Special Olympics, hospice and care facilities, alternative spring break trips, the American Red Cross, tutoring, etc.
- Taking advantage of Study Abroad experiences at MSU can help you grow as an individual, explore Kinesiology in other cultures and gain new perspective as a global citizen. See the Study Abroad website to search for programs of interest: http://studyabroad.isp.msu.edu/
Read more articles about:
Acceleration Plan Admission Core Requirements Admission Requirements Admission to Teacher Prep for MSU Undergrads Admission to the Kinesiology major Advising Advising Appointment Advisor Apply Athletic Training Athletic Training Transfer Students Business Major Career exploration Certification Change Major Change Minor Chinese Experimental Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification Program Club Athletes Cohort Program Direct Transfer Admission Elementary Endorsement Enrollment Essay GPA Internship Kinesiology MTTC MTTC Test Online Application Post Bachelor Certification Preadmission Provisional Certificate Reading Requirement Scholarships Secondary Special Education Teacher Preparation Program Teaching Major Teaching Minor Transcript Transfer Students Tuition Undergraduate Teacher Preparation Volunteer