The National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition invites applications for the 2013-2014 Paul P. Fidler Research Grant. The Paul P. Fidler Research Grant is designed to encourage the development and dissemination of knowledge to improve the experiences of college students in transition.
With an award package that includes a stipend, travel to two national conferences, a presentation at a national conference, and priority consideration for publication, the Paul P. Fidler Research Grant supports and promotes research with the potential to have a national impact on student success. The Center invites applicants to submit proposals for research projects addressing a variety of topics, which may include underrepresented student populations, community colleges, advising, transfer and articulation, career development, and other issues related to college student transitions.
Comprehensive Award Package
- Stipend of $5,000
- Travel to the 20th National Conference on Students in Transition, October 2013, in Atlanta, Georgia, at which the award will be presented
- Announcement and recognition at the 20th National Conference on Students in Transition luncheon
- Travel to the 21st National Conference on Students in Transition, October 2014, at which the research findings will be reported
- Announcement on the National Resource Center webpage, listservs, and print publications
- Priority consideration for publication by the National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition
Application and Submission Deadline
Grant submission officially opens on April 1, 2013. The application form may be accessed at www.sc.edu/fye/fidler and must be submitted electronically using the online form by 11:59 PM Eastern Time, July 1, 2013.