The mission of the Institute for the Study of Youth Sports is to provide leadership, scholarship and outreach that transforms the face of youth sports in ways that maximize the beneficial physical, psychological, and social effects of participation for children and youth while minimizing detrimental effects.
The Institute works by:
- conducting novel research in critical areas related to youth sport
- partnering with sport organizations and governing bodies to conduct evaluation, develop training programs, and build organizational capacity
- conducting outreach and development programs to develop coaches and sport leaders
- teaching undergraduate and graduate courses to develop the next generation of sport coaches and leaders
- training and preparing graduate students to be the next generation of scholars in areas related to youth sports
You can navigate our website by clicking the menu.