Top student athletes from the College of Education were honored on April 14 at the 17th annual Michigan State University Spartan Academic Excellence Gala.
The semi-formal event was held at the Breslin Center, and recognized MSU athletes’ contributions to the community – and the classroom – for the 2013-2014 academic year.
Six Department of Kinesiology students received Scholar-Athlete Awards. This award is presented to an individual from each team who has reached at least junior academic status, received a minimum of one varsity letter, and maintains the highest cumulative grade point average on their team.
- Rebecca Mills (junior, women’s basketball)
- Caleb Rhynard (sophomore, cross country)
- Abby Barker (junior, field hockey)
- Justin Hoomaian (sophomore, ice hockey)
- Ryan Keener (junior, men’s soccer)
- Ellie Stoffer (junior, softball)
The keynote speaker was Archie Manning, former NFL football quarterback and father to Denver Broncos starting quarterback Peyton Manning, and the New York Giants starting quarterback Eli Manning.
The event is hosted by the Office of Student-Athlete Support Services.