- This event has passed.
Building Community, Resisting Hate Teach-In
September 16 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm EDT
We continue our efforts to “build community and resist hate” with a panel organized by Muslim Studies and the Serling Institute. Featuring representatives from academic units and communities across campus, the panel will highlight the dangers of white nationalism, the threats these hate groups pose to our communities and the importance of building community to resist these threats.
- Dr. Salah Hasan, English and Muslim Studies
- Dr. Dylan A. T. Miner, Director of American Indian and Indigenous Studies
- Dr. Stephanie Nawyn, Co-director of The Center for Gender in a Global Context
- Dr. Sitara Thobani, Asian Pacific American Studies
- Dr. Estrella Torrez, Chicano/Latino Studies Program
- Dr. Ken Waltzer, Serling Institute for Jewish Studies and Modern Israel
- Dr. Jeffrey C. Wray, Film Studies Program, Department of English
This event is sponsored by MSU African and African American Studies, American Indian and Indigenous Studies, Asian Pacific American Studies, The Center for Gender in a Global Context, Chicano/Latino Studies Program, College of Arts & Letters, Department of Religious Studies, James Madison College, The Michael and Elaine Serling Institute for Jewish Studies and Modern Israel, Muslim Studies Program, Peace and Justice Studies, Residential College in the Arts and Humanities