- This event has passed.
College Research Opportunities Symposium
September 7, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm EDT
The symposium will support your research by providing the following information and opportunities:
• Overview of the resources available through the college and university to support your research and grant activity
• Information on a large number of grant opportunities (i.e., funding source, description of funding programs, application dates and processes) so that you have this information as you plan for the coming year
• Opportunity to talk with college colleagues about their experiences applying for and receiving various grant awards
We plan to highlight the following award opportunities (if you are unfamiliar with some of these, come to learn what they offer):
• National Science Foundation (including AISL, DR-K12, IUSE, CAREER, ECR, Robert Noyce)
• Institute of Education Sciences (IES)
• Spencer Foundation
• NAEd/Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowships
• WT Grant Foundation
• AERA Awards
• Industry and other opportunities
• 4:00-4:30: Comments from the dean and associate dean, and overview of college and university resources
• 4:30-6:30: Three half-hour periods, with concurrent sessions each focused on a specific grant opportunity—you choose which ones you are most interested in attending
• Light dinner available
We hope all college colleagues will try to attend this symposium. We want to encourage everyone to think ahead about opportunities that may be appropriate to explore in the coming year.
If you are new to applying for funded research, you will find colleagues eager to provide guidance. If you are striving to move into new funding arenas, you will have the chance to gather useful information. If you have considerable experience in the world of funded research, your expertise will be very useful to your colleagues.