- This event has passed.
Echoes & Reflections: Creating Context for Teaching Night
October 25, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm EDT$25.00
WHAT IS ECHOES & REFLECTIONS?
Sponsored by Lansing Community College, Echoes & Reflections is the premier source for Holocaust educational materials and dynamic content, empowering teachers and students with the insight needed to question the past and foresight to impact the future. LCC partners with educators to support them, foster confidence and amplify their skills and resources to teach about the Holocaust in a comprehensive and meaningful way.
WHY ATTEND THIS PROGRAM?
How do we prepare students to read and understand Elie Wiesel’s “Night” within the larger historical framework of the Holocaust? This learning opportunity explores materials and instructional strategies available in Echoes & Reflections to support effective teaching of the memori, as well as provides additional background to integrate into instruction.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- History of antisemitism and the ghettos for context prior to teaching “Night”
- Interdisciplinary materials, including artowkr, photographs, poetry and personal narratives for teaching about the “Final Solution”
- Significant themese of the memoir and additional resources to support the teaching of the text
- Become familiar with the content and pedagogy of Echoes & Reflections through experiential activities;
- Enhance personal knowledge about the Holocaust
- Explore Echoes & Reflections multimedia assets, including the correlated visual history testimonies and other primary resources and materials and
- Be introduced to IWitness, an online complement to Echoes & Reflections that includes interactive student-centered activities
REGISTRATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Individuals will receive 6 SCECH credits for their participation.
Echoes & Reflections is a joint program of the Anti-Defamation League, USC Shaah Foundation and Yad Vashern.
For more information, contact Carolyn Dembowski (email@example.com or 517 483 1414)