- This event has passed.
Emerging Leaders Program
July 11, 2018 @ 8:00 am - July 13, 2018 @ 1:30 pm EDT$450.00
For nearly 21 years, MSU’s Emerging Leaders Program has been providing potential school principals an opportunity to explore in detail the knowledge, skillsets, and mindsets required to be a successful leader in today’s complex educational environments. This intimate, 3-day experience connects emerging educational leaders with highly successful assistant principals, principals, and superintendents. Together, they explore the joys and challenges inherent in the principalship. This event is held in July of each year in collaboration with the statewide elementary and secondary principals association.
- Personal Temperament: Implications for Your Role as a Principal
- Communication: Problems, Priorities, and Strategies for New Principals
- A Balanced Life: Family, Fun and the Principalship
- Instructional Leadership: A Day in the Life of the Principal
- The Secrets of Getting Hired: Preparing Yourself and Your Resume
- Getting a Job: Mock Interviews for the Principalship
The session is limited to 50 participants.