The First Generation Experience
February 26, 2020 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm EST
One event on February 12, 2020 at 3:30 pm
One event on February 19, 2020 at 3:30 pm
One event on February 26, 2020 at 3:30 pm
One event on March 11, 2020 at 3:30 pm
One event on March 18, 2020 at 3:30 pm
One event on March 25, 2020 at 3:30 pm
One event on April 1, 2020 at 3:30 pm
Exploring the common challenges of being a first generation college student by engaging in activity-based reflections. This group will focus on topics that impact the first-generation experience and how these impacts may influence stress, transition, and the overall balance of mental wellness. This group will meet weekly for 8 weeks and will be drop-in to allow students to select the session they would like to attend. No registration or screening required.
Encouraged to attend all sessions to maximize awareness, however, not required. There will be no session during the week of Spring Break.
Group facilitators will be Jessica Oyoque, LMSW and Jessica Gray, MSW Intern.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Sessions & Topics
- Feb. 5 – Overview: Being the Pioneer
- Feb. 12 – My Uniqueness: Exploring Intersectionality
- Feb. 19 – Manifestations of Stress (Psychoeducation)
- Feb. 26 – Community and Connections
- Mar. 11 – Pride and Guilt
- Mar. 18 – YOUR Bubble of Supports
- Mar. 25 – Prioritizing YOU: Boundaries
- Apr. 1 – Loving Thy Self: Self-Efficacy