I ran track in high school, and I want to work with the MSU track team once I have been admitted to the Athletic Training program. Can I request assignment to the MSU track team?

February 10, 2010

The accrediting body for Athletic Training (CAATE) requires that a student be assigned to an equipment intensive sport, a lower body sport, an upper body sport, a male and female sport and a general medical rotation.  Students must complete 10 hours per semester in a doctor’s office or emergency room.  Students follow a matrix which puts them in different sports each semester or year.