There is no formal application process for admission to the Kinesiology major. However, students must successfully complete a set of required core math and science courses before reaching junior status. Students must earn a grade of at least 2.0 in the following:
- CEM 141 – General Chemistry
- KIN 216 – Applied Human Anatomy (or ANTR350)
- MTH 103 – College Algebra (or higher)
- KIN 251 – Principles of Movement
- PSL 250 – Introductory Physiology (or PSL310)
The University requires that all students be admitted to a degree-granting major at 56 credits – junior standing. Kinesiology students who have not been able to complete the five admission core courses must change their major until admission requirements have been met. Once the core courses are completed, students can change back to Kinesiology. Contact a Kinesiology advisor for additional information.