Job Title: Department: Reports To: Level: Shift/Hours: Date Prepared:
Residence Life Coordinator
Director of Residence Life 6
40 hours per week August 14, 2017
This position is responsible for assisting with the overall management of the Residence Life program to include fiscal monitoring, program development and implementation, student development and contact, enforcement of housing policies, and publications and reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides assistance for operational processes such as student move-in, physical audits, health and safety inspections, move-outs, and damage billing.
- Oversees the work order system, using School Dude to input identifying facilities in needs of repair or attention. Implements all administrative, emergency, and operational procedures.
- Maintains an updated list of room assignments, student information, and room changes using the Jenzabar system.
- Responds to calls and emails received in the Office of Residence Life, serves on an on-call duty rotation. Contacts and
communicates information to the appropriate personnel.
- Completes special projects and/or duties as directed by the Director of Residence Life and keeps the director informed of
all problems and concerns involving the residence hall.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality while working in coordination with faculty, staff, student workers, and residents.
- Understands, communicates, implements, enforces, and abides by existing University and Residence Hall policies and
student conduct procedures and resources.
- Handles various processes involving student employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training; planning, assigning and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The above statements reflect the general responsibilities of the position and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This position requires the individual to live on campus in the Residence Hall and be available for on-call, holidays, evening and weekend work when needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and one year of student housing experience required. Must be self-motivated with excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills and have prior experience working with the public in customer relations/services. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
Please complete the application at http://www.madonna.edu/resources/human-resources. Please send a letter of intent reflecting the above responsibilities and qualifications and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Current employees must complete the internal application on MY Portal >Employee Resources.
A Catholic institution founded by the Felician Sisters, and guided by the values of St. Francis. Candidates must be committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service, and support the Mission of the University. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Madonna University.