Job no: 492791
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Faculty, Education/Training
The Higher, Adult and Lifelong Education (HALE) Program at Michigan State University invites candidates with professional experience in student affairs and higher education administration to apply for a fixed-term position as Instructor/Assistant Professor position to provide coordination for our two master’s programs and instruction in our unit.
Our complement of 11 full-time and 1 fixed-term faculty members covers a wide range of curricular, professional, and research interests. We seek a colleague who will:
- Coordinate the Student Affairs Administration (SAA) MA program, which is in-person only and admits students once per year (including but not limited to recruiting, admissions, and yield activities; practicum site development and student placements; career advising; overseeing certifying examination administration; advising the Student Affairs Graduate Association);
- Teach equivalent of two courses across the calendar year (e.g., SAA professional development seminar and undergraduate courses offered in the department);
- Support lead faculty for HALE MA program, which is online only and admits students three times per year (including but not limited to recruiting, admissions, and yield activities, overseeing portfolio assessment process);
- Coordinate HALE MA portfolio completion and assessment (provide information about portfolios to HALE MA students; coordinate distribution of portfolios to faculty; communicate revisions or final approval of portfolios to students); and
- Meet with faculty to discuss HALE MA and SAA MA curriculum, policy, and operations.
This is a twelve-month (Annual Year) appointment beginning no later than August 16, 2018.
Masters -higher education or a related social sci
Doctorate -higher education or a related social sci
- An earned master’s degree in higher education or a related social science field for an Instructor rank and a Ph.D. for an Assistant Professor rank;
- Evidence of five to eight years of progressively responsible professional work in student affairs or closely related higher education setting;
- Post-secondary teaching experience (online and/or in-person);
- Evidence of strong organization and communication skills; and
- Evidence of service and involvement in national student affairs or related professional associations; and
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education.
- An earned terminal degree in higher education, student affairs, or other relevant field;
- Experience advising graduate students.
Required Application Materials
Please submit the following in order to be considered:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information of three references that will be contacted only if requested by the department
- Go to http://careers.msu.edu/cw/en-us/job/498752/assistant-professorfixedterm
Application review will begin March 22, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
For questions: Contact Dr. Kristen Renn, Search Committee Chair, Department of Educational Administration (firstname.lastname@example.org). Additional search committee members: Dr. Patricia Marin, Dr. Leslie Gonzales.
Michigan State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities have the right to request and receive reasonable accommodation.