Fall 2018 & Spring 2019
This graduate assistantship is a half-time position (20 hours/week). The graduate assistant will support the Honors College assessment and research efforts.
- Support research agenda related to honors education and student success. In 2018-19, the major research study will examine students gaining admission to the Honors College after their 1st semester who outperform expectations based on entering characteristics:
- Conduct literature review on student success and honors education
- Conduct interviews with participants
- Code and analyze qualitative data
- Write manuscripts and related research products
- Conduct statistical analyses and develop reports from annual Honors College Senior Exit Survey.
- Work on other related projects as assigned including assisting in related assessment and research projects in support of the Honors College requiring quantitative and qualitative analyses and report generation.
Ideal candidates will possess good organizational skills and be comfortable working in an autonomous environment. Training in both qualitative and quantitative methods required. Strong writing skills required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, academic writing sample and list of 3 references to Dr. Justin Micomonaco at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review continues until the position has been filled. Call 517-355-2326 or email for further information.