Pay Minimum: ½ Time Graduate Assistantship (20 hours/week)
Academic Year 2018-2019, with possibility of hourly summer 2018 work
Job Summary: Helps recruit and support students applying for a variety of scholarships by presenting information around campus, creating recruiting materials (including flyers) and attending campus events. Advises students on available scholarships and provide feedback on application materials and resumes.
- Identify and recruit students for National/International Fellowship and Scholarship (NIFS) awards.
- Advise, mentor, prepare and support applicants for the range of NIFS awards.
- Create materials for and present NIFS information around campus.
- Attend various recruitment and resource events (e.g., HC Welcome Event, etc.).
- Edit and provide feedback on student resumes, and scholarship essays (where applicable/allowable).
- Collect, input and analyze data; Compile data reports.
- Assist Director and Communications Manager with advertising and marketing by creating flyers, helping with social media, and other methods.
- Plan and lead/support information sessions throughout the semester.
- Coordinate office schedule, meetings with students, scholarship committee meetings, and other events as needed.
- Enrollment as a degree seeking student in a MSU graduate program
- Strong verbal and written skills in English
- Effective communication skills with a broad population
- Ability to relate well to and establish rapport with students and faculty/staff
- Ability to work effectively with students of varying levels of academic preparedness
- Ability to deliver presentations
- Attention to detail and strict adherence to deadlines
- Knowledge and comfort tracking quantitative data using Excel and Access
- 1st Year Master’s or PhD Student Preferred
- Ability to design and update flyers for marketing purposes (knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Knowledge of presentation software (PowerPoint, Word)
How to Apply
To apply for this position log into Handshake and select job post #1391978: https://msu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/1391978?ref=topbar-search-result
For questions contact:
Kristin Janka, Director