East Lansing High School is looking for tutors for our AVID Elective Courses to start immediately. This is a paid, part-time position, requiring 4-7 hours per week spread over two days. These hours will fall between noon and 4:00 p.m.
AVID Tutors are distinguished from most general Tutors in that they are trained in the use of AVID strategies to enhance academic performance and serve as role models and mentors.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Take an active role in developing the academic and personal strengths of AVID students.
2. Serve as a positive role model/mentor to students.
3. Review students’ planners and binders.
4. Conduct tutorial sessions.
5. Review the performance and work of students in tutorial sessions.
Please contact Julie Berridge if you are interested in this position:
Send a text: 517.204.1192
Send an email: email@example.com