Getting involved in research is important for all students – especially for those thinking about graduate school. Consider becoming a UR Ambassador to take your involvement in research to the next level.
The Undergraduate Research Office is seeking applications for the 2018-2019 Undergraduate Research (UR) Ambassador Program. UR Ambassadors are current undergraduate students engaged in research or creative activity in different fields of study across campus. UR Ambassadors facilitate workshops, assist at UURAF, and represent the Undergraduate Research Office at events and programs throughout the academic year.
Interested applicants can access the online application here. The deadline to apply is Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM. The application process has two rounds: the online application form and an in-person interview. Candidates will be notified by Wednesday, April 18th if selected to move on to the second round. Interviews will take place during the week of April 23 – 27th. Finalists will be notified of a decision no later than Friday, May 4th.
• Current full-time undergraduate student at MSU.
• Involved in undergraduate research for a minimum of two (2) semesters (a summer research experience qualifies).
• Presented at either UURAF or Mid-SURE at least once.
• Minimum GPA of 3.0.
• Participate in training from 1:00-4:00 PM on August 27th and 28th (classes begin August 29th).
• Staff the UR table during “Sparticipation” for at least one shift on August 28th.
• Attend 4 to 6 professional development meetings throughout the academic year.
• Facilitate five (5) undergraduate research workshops and/or events throughout the academic year.
• Hold UR Ambassador office hours (monthly) to meet with peers about undergraduate research.
• Volunteer for a shift at UURAF 2019.